Tuesday, November 8, 2011

More from the Circus 1931

I found a few more pictures from the collection of old circus photos I've been putting up.

What I liked about these photos is that they come across as both happy, old fashioned pictures of people having a nice time, but there is a subtext to them that I found downright spooky.

Lot's of devil's and grim reapers in the artwork and sorry kids but clowns are downright creepy.

Anyway, here's the last of them, enjoy....


Grim Reaper Poster Art (1931)



Children preparing to be eaten by clown, 1931




Circus band members on horseback (1931)



I don't know, but it scares the hell out of me



The last picture is some kind of man in a clown suit, but I swear that thing looks like a Batman villain.

Yeesh!!

1 comment:

  1. Really more half a Bat-villain. Tweedledee or Tweedledum, as depicted in the forties.

    ReplyDelete